Monday 5 August 2013

Getting creative

Two days!!! I've gone two days so far!! Woo hoo!!!

OK, so that does sound incredibly lame, even to me, but I'm learning to celebrate my successes. I've now had two days without wheat or grain, and I've gotta say I'm feeling kinda chuffed. Wheat has been my "crack" for my entire life, so going without it has taken some commitment. 

I realise it's only two days, but something feels different about this time. I think part of it is that I'm being public about doing this, and I'm focusing on emotional health as well as physical health.

But I think one of the biggest differences from previous weight loss efforts (of which there were MANY) is that I've decided to get creative in the kitchen. In the past I must admit my meals were quite boring, and speed and convenience was king. Now I've decided to step up my game, I've made a significant investment in buying a Thermomix (whom I've christened "George"), and I've decided to adhere to a primal food plan - and I'm discovering it doesn't have to be boring!

Tonight I did chicken and coriander pesto as a sous vide in George, and then used him to make a brussel sprouts mash. YUM! The fun thing was that I knew what I wanted to make but couldn't find a recipe, so I read bits of this and that, experimented, and made my own one up! And I had a hankering for chocolate and peanut butter brownies, so I took a Standard American Diet recipe and paleo/theromix'ised it. They're still cooling, but they smell delicious! I'll post the recipes and pics soon so you can see what I'm going on about.

So tonight I feel positive. I'm moving forward, and that's the direction I want to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment